Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Nummers and Numbers

So I'm in Onederland and I'm lovin' it. I've shared it with a number of people at work who know and support my weight loss efforts. We have such an amazing gang who are following WW and getting themselves into a better form of lifestyle.

And while I have hit this milestone and am amazed at how far I have come...I still can't get a grip on some of the plagues in my life. Emotional eating and self sabotage. These things I am putting in the same basket of things to work on.

My eating hasn't been the best this week, going over my Daily Points and nearly finished all of my Weekly Points. This is far from the determined girl from last week who had only a fraction of WP's used.

Saturday: Judy's funeral. Mom and I had to travel to Truro for this and I prepared by packing water (I drank 2L at least) and some healthy snacks. The snacks were forgotten for the most part in favour of the cheeseburger and sweet potato fries we  had when we arrived. I could have and should have ordered the grilled shrimp salad. But I chose the burger and fries. I also had half of an iced cap on the way home.

Sunday: Burger for lunch. Though not too bad since it was only 3 points for the burger, but, still...I had one the night before!!! And then...BBQ chicken nachos I made for supper. 12 Points...but at least I put it together and could control that, but still....

Monday: Got a new job at work. Yay! Pizza and garlic fingers to celebrate. WTF?????

Tuesday: Steak for supper. Oh lord.

So this morning I woke up at 5:30, stumbled down the stairs and worked out with my EA Active. Same story for tomorrow morning and Friday.

The scale is up one pound this morning. It's still under 200lbs, but not by much. Self sabotaging has got to stop here and now and I'm the only one who can do it.

Wish me luck! It's cake day at work. Arrrgghhhh......

2 comments:

  1. We all go through phases where we struggle to get our minds in gear. It is the bouncing back with added focus, that is most important.

    A little perspective about how food relates to the effort required to lose weight, might help. I find that since I started running, I appreciate how much effort I need to put in to lose just a little weight. Thankfully, junk food seems less appealing these days.

    Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark! I'm definitely going to dedicate myself more this week and pay attention to my body and when it says to quit and make better choices. Running is something that I eventually want to get into. My plan for this fall is to do a half marathon at a half jog/walk mix. I think it'll be good for me, mind and body!

    ReplyDelete