Thursday, July 29, 2010

Goals!

There are so many people I am meeting who are on the journey for weight loss or just to get themselves into better shape. I love being able to share in that journey and selfishly I get so much out of it by learning from any struggles they're having on the way. It kind of reinforces that when I come across them, it's not uncommon and it is possible to get past them.

What is even more inspirational, though, is when someone makes it to goal. Last week my co-worker Chrissy made it to her Weight Watchers goal. How amazing! After months of working at it, she is right where she wants to be. And she looks amazing as well! She didn't have an easy go of it and would fall off the tracking wagon and make some food decisions she regretted, but she got past it and got to where she is going.

From her, I'm learning about the maintenance program and what that will be like. I see Chrissy and I know that will be me soon enough.

Here in the blog world, the writer who goes by Bitch Cakes, reached her goal at Weight Watchers as well. I cannot urge you enough to read her post about this. I was in tears reading this as her journey has been long adn well fought out. What an amazing story she has and I cannot applaud her enough for this accomplishment.

Soon enough, I will be able to write a goal post, too. It happens. It's not only about the climb to get there, but it's also about being there in that moment. Reaching goal is attainable.

I can do it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment