Saturday, March 20, 2010

Goal and Safe!

My weigh in this morning brought me to 212 even for a loss of 1.4lbs. This officially brings me to 60lbs gone since I started trying to lose weight in Feb 2008.



Lately I really owe my weight loss to great friends who keep me motivated and my super awesome kickboxing course. I think that if I had decided to skip kickboxing until September, I would still be waffling in the 220's.

Last night was a killer class as Friday's usually are, but I made sure to push myself and do the right thing. After the class, I stayed for the first part of my self defence class. Everything that I thought I knew about keeping myself safe was wrong. And it made sense when my instructor corrected it.

I don't know about other ladies, but it's kind of ingrained in me to always attack the man's groin area first and only. But I learned there are other places where an attacker is more vulnerable and to get away fast.



Next week we learn how to deal with an attacker who has a weapon. Crazy stuff, but it could happen!

On the lighter side, I also lost a total of 13.25 inches at Curves. More than a foot! I was so proud of myself and I even got to pick out a Curves t-shirt that I liked as a reward. I'm kind of looking forward to losing my next foot of me. Hopefully it'll be gone from the lower half *sigh*

Have a great one!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing sooo awesome!!! That is amazing! Can't wait to say i've lost that much weight! :)

    ReplyDelete