Sunday, April 25, 2010

Saying Goodbye

A couple of posts back I spoke about my uncle Oscar who had lung removed because of cancer. The following day he was up and on a great road to recovery.

I found out this morning that he has now taken a drastic turn for the worse and he's not expected to survive the night.

He has suffered a heart attack, largely blocked arteries, cannot breathe on his own and is running a heart rate of 164 which they cannot lower.

He's in Mass. I'm in New Brunswick. It's hard not being able to say goodbye in person. But here, I can say thank you for being such a wonderful man and uncle. He made me comfortable in a step-family that many of them did not care for our addition. But he was different. So fun. So full of life. So absolutely wonderful.

Our world will be a darker place without Oscar. And I can only hope that I am good enough in this world to see him in the next.

I love you Mon Oncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment