Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cooking Up A Storm!

In preparation for no frozen foods or packaged snacks for me this week, I spent the afternoon cooking up a storm!

I started off with crock pot beans. It's a recipe a co-worker gave me that I really enjoy. It's smokey, bbq flavoured with mustard. I decided to oomph it up a bit by mixing in some chilli ingredients like diced tomatoes, mushrooms and onions. I have to say that it turned out a bit soupy, a mix between the bean recipe and my usual chilli mess. But it tastes absolutely awesome!



I then moved on to the Hungry Girl recipe for No-Harm Eggplant Parm. It was so simple to make, until I realized that what I thought was a bottle of spaghetti sauce was actually salsa. Well, I figured it had a kick and a tomato base, so why not toss it in there. I also forgot the important step of baking the eggplant once it was coated. Oops. But once I pulled it out of the oven, I don't think any of my slip ups are actually noticeable!



My next task was the baked oatmeal. I've seen some bloggers make it before and it looked pretty interesting. Since I'm going to need a replacement for my Weight Watchers Smart Ones Breakfast Quesadilla (seriously the best thing to come out of a freezer and into a microwave in a long time), baked oatmeal it is! I didn't have any sugar free apple sauce, but I did have sugar free jam. So I figure, it's fruit, that's fruit...why not?  I tossed in some mixed berries too for fun. I think it looks awesome, it smells divine...I can't wait for tomorrow morning!



Just about to come out of the oven now is the bran raisin muffins, made from a mix. Hey, a girl can't be Martha every moment of the day!

Here's to a great week of food. I can't wait to report in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment