Monday, April 12, 2010

Eat it and weep

So the husband was home before I was and he made rice and chicken for supper, two of my favourite things :)

That being said, it was a breaded frozen chicken we picked up in groceries. I knew it wasn't the healthiest choice, but he really wanted to try it. It was filled with garlic butter.

garlic.
butter.

Again, two of my other favourite food items. I wish I had remembered to take a picture of it before I wolfed it down in an eating frenzy. I sliced into it and suddenly my veggies and rice were awash in garlic butter. There must have been at least a quarter of a cup of melted butter on my plate.

The chicken was 9 points. It was a good size and even though it brought me into my weekly points....it was worth it. Next time, though, I'll make sure to plan my day around the chicken.

Tomorrow is my day to cook. I'm thinking of doing a roast or a pork loin in the slow cooker while I'm at work and hubby is enjoying his day off. There's something about slow cooking that when you get home and it's waiting for you, just makes me a happy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment