Sunday, June 6, 2010

Welcome back!

Whew, two weeks between posts. Well, I have an excuse that I was away on vacation and then spent this past week recouping from said vacation.

Disney was everything I could have ever wanted and more. I am officially hooked and can't wait to go back again! The highlights were Tigger who danced me around and tried to make off with me until his "handler" called him back. And Snow White calling me Princess. Seriously. So happy with that.



And there was so much walking! I could have kept going all day, but once we got back to the hotel, boys oh boys did I feel it! It was as though I had gone through a lot of kickboxing classes all at once! But I was raring to go the next morning.

Even though our suites had a kitchen, we did eat out a lot. And although I had the trusty backings of Hungry Girl's advices on eating out, I did my own thing. But thankfully held back a couple of times and packed half of it to go and ate the rest the following day. I am jealous of the restaurant options in the U.S. as I adore OG and T.G.I. Friday's.

And Banana Republic. Oh lord I can fit into the clothes! I see a trip to Halifax in my future to do some shopping soon!

Despite how much I adored my trip, coming home to my kitties was great. As was getting back into a routine of healthy eating and kickboxing. I expected a gain this week (uhm, yeah, I kind of plowed through those OG breadsticks with alfredo sauce) but was very happy with a 0.8lb loss. With my birthday on Thursday, I am aiming on this coming week's weigh in to be just at or below 200lbs. Eeek! No pressure.

Speaking of back to routines, it's time for Getting to Know you Sunday

1. If a person has a booger in their nose. and you can see it, do you tell them?

It would depend on the person and situation. If I know them and like them, sure. If it's out in public and I can do it discreetly and I don't know the person, of course.
If I don't like you....well, happy day for me!
2. What are you passionate about?
Family and friends. Protection of animals from harm (hello, BP, I'm looking at you).
3. How long have you been blogging?
In this incarnation, a couple of months. I had a blog about ten years ago that was for fun, but it died out when I found something new and shiny to look at, ha ha.
4. What is your favorite "summer" drink?
I'm a fan of Jost Sangria made here in the Maritimes. For partytime, I like Smirnoff Light. It's not as sweet as regular Smirnoff coolers.
5. What is your favorite type of music?
I'm pretty eclectic with music. I'm a huge fan of 80's pop and usually keep my Sirius set on that station. Though I also enjoy showtunes and modern pop. As long as it's not metal or country or Taylor Swift, I'm happy!
6. Something I do before I go to bed is......?
Say goodnight to my cats. They really are my kids and I'll tuck them in if they're sleeping on a blanket. I know. But really. I love my cats.
7. My Summer vacation plans are...?
Pretty much done! Disney was our big event for the year. The rest of the summer will be spent getting our front porch converted into my sitting area. I have two weeks off in August and plan on doing that and hanging out at my aunt's pool. Good times all around!
8. My favorite must have, can't live without, beauty product is?
A good moisturizer with some SPF. My face dries out so fast in spots and I love a good moisturizer to freshen up my face with. One thing that is a treat to buy and is perhaps the best product I've come across is the Lise Watier Vitamin C capsules. I adore Lise Watier products and these capsules feel so good on the skin during the summer months.

Well, that's what I've got for this morning. We're off to a movie and a quiet rainy afternoon in. Oh sleepy day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds as though you had a great holiday, and you may find that all the walking has helped out with the weight loss - or limited the gain!

    Wishing you a happy birthday on the 10th - it would have been my sisters birthday and my father has chosen it as the date that he moves in to his new house! You could have lots of lovely (practically 0 point!) jell-o :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!! It's going to be an awesome one and jell-o would be pretty sweet right now!

    ReplyDelete