Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday...a bit of everything!

Last night the husband actually had a Saturday night off. These are rare occassions and I love it when that happens, especially when we've been invited somewhere. With his job, it's very often that I go solo to an event and I'm used to and okay with that. It's more of a novelty to have him there.

My dear friend Char turned 40 last week and this was her not such a surprise birthday party since she found out about it 3 weeks ago. We still had a great time. I indulged a bit too much food wise and had a couple of drinks. I am feeling it this morning. Ouch.

With an 8 am family breakfast scheduled, it was bittersweet. Bitter because my head says ouch. Sweet because my stomach said give me grease. Thankfully I'm not much of a big weekend eater on the norm, so I'm filled up until suppertime. Saves on the Points!

Have you heard of Banks Lee, yet, in the blogging community? He has started a weight loss journey inspired by not being able to get on one of the Potter rides at Universal. That was something I was concerned about when we took our trip to Disney. Could I fit in everything? Thankfully there were some snug moments, but everything fit securely. Banks' blog is a great read. Pop on over and say hi!

On to my own weight loss this week, I was down 0.6lbs. Still not into Onderland. I'm not going to pressure myself anymore on that. It's close, it will happen, but only when my body is ready. Summer heat is getting to me with lots of puffy fingers and feet. I'd hate to see how bad I'd be without my water pills helping out, lol. Staypuff me! But in any case, it was a loss and I'm thankful for that. I also wonder if Friday workouts were pushing that number around. Now that Fridays are done for the summer, it'll be interesting to follow that along.

Are you ready for some Mannland Getting to Know You?

1.If you had 5000.00 to spend on plastic surgery what would you have done?

The loose skin. Ugh. It's there. I think of it as battle scars right now, but mentally, it's hard to get my head around. I am so proud of the progress that I have made, but I have pictures to remind me of where I have come from. I would like to get the skin taken care of once I reach goal. I know that it's holding me back. The typical places like the batwings, the stomach and thighs. Ugh. I just hear it's very painful, though. Pain and I do not get along very well.

2. Do you watch Soap operas and if so what is your favorite and why?
Oh goodness, yes! My mom used to watch Another World and Days of our Lives when I was younger. I remember many times in my life that correspond to these shows! Coming home from school to find out that Frankie was killed by the Bay City Strangler and Cass had to ID her body. And in university when Ryan died...minou. I DVR Days while I'm at work now. Alison Sweeney was who I looked up to for so long. Sure Sammi may not be the best role model, but back in the day she was the "bigger" girl on tv and I thought that, hey, maybe I was acceptable, too. Now she's all thin and still gorgeous and still someone I admire....and dang it, Sammi, hold on until Rafe comes back to you!

3. Favorite clothing brand?
Two places that I shop regularly and swear by their clothing: Reitmans - Their comfort fit is a godsend. All pants that I wear right now are comfort fit and live up to their name. Awesome fit, very flattering and so comfortable I don't know how clothing existed before CF was made. Joe at Superstore (Loblaws for the rest of Canada). These clothes are super affordable and absolutely adorable. It's sold in the grocery chain that I shop at so it's so motivating to skip the ice cream treats in favour of a new shirt from the collection. Shoes, hats, jackets, dresses, skirts, t-shirts, dress shirts...omg...I can't wait for pay day!

4. An afternoon shopping spree at your favorite store or maid service for a year?
shopping. seriously. The cat hair never seems to go away no matter how many times a week we clean. I can't see a maid having some secret power that Mr. Clean and Swiffer haven't already brought to my table!5. would you ever vajazzle?
Do I look like I'm on Jersey Shore? ha! No. Never. Ick. 6. Favorite Disney Princess?
This is hard for me. I adore them all. Love Belle and Ariel a bit more than the others. But when I was at the park, Snow White was the nicest of them all! Belle kind of freaked me out and Sleeping Beauty did not seem to be having a very good day. Snow called me princess, so, well, she gets extra points for that!

7. Last movie that made you bawl your eyes out?
Oh goodness...I cry very easily. It makes the DH uncomfortable when I get all emotional over a movie or TV show. We usually stick to comedies. But when I'm home alone...hello! I think the last one that I watched would have been A Walk to Remember on tv not too long ago. Nicholas Sparks is one of my favourite authors of all time. Even though I've read Walk to Remember a dozen times and have seen the movie just as much, the ending rips my heart apart. Nights in Rodanthe, same thing. Mind you I didn't like the book as much as the movie. And yet...it brings me to tears each time I see it.
 8. Have you ever broken any bones and if so what?
When I was three or four I thought that I was Wonder Woman. I climbed up on top of my dresser and was making the oh so daring jump to my bed about four feet away. I missed the bed. I found the floor, though, and broke my collar bone. My mother didn't let me out of her sight for weeks after that! The thing is, when I was 70lbs bigger, my collar bone was not so noticeable. Now it is and the side that broke looks a bit gnarly in comparison. Can I use that plastic surgery money to fix that, too???

Now's your turn! Share a story or five!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss!

    Do you wear Cotton Ginny clothes? They have a bot of 'stretch' in them. The only thing that I've found since loosing weight is that I'm an inverted triangle shape - bigger shoulders than hips. So my waist is bigger in comparison to my hips (or my hips are small in comparison to my waist!), and CG clothes are for more pear shaped people. Ho hum :o)

    ReplyDelete