Sunday, June 20, 2010

Getting to Know You - Father's Day

My father left my mother shortly after I was born. I met him for the first time when I was 8 and every now and then he would come into my life. He's given the title of dad simply because half of my DNA is from him.

My step father sucks. Completely and utterly and my mother is so much better off without him in her life. Or so I keep telling her and eventually she'll act on it.

My mother raised me alone until I was 10. And at that it wasn't really alone. My grandfather and uncles were my father figures. I adore them and they are my life.

My grandfather passed away 9 years ago and my youngest uncle last January. My life changed with their passing, but I know that they are up in Heaven watching over me and keeping me safe. Not to mention they are enjoying the peace and quiet without the women of my family up there talking their ears off.

For my remaining uncles and for my mother, they were the best Dads a girl could ask for :) And a special celebration for my father in law...he's...interesting!

On to the Sunday regular, Mannland's Getting to Know You

1. While at the beach, pool, etc..Do you cover up your assets or show them off?

I enjoy my aunt's pool and if it's just family around, I'm fine with being in my swimsuit. Around other people, though....well, they don't need to see all this. I'm working on feeling better about myself, but....2. Road trips or Plane trips?
I guess it would depend on where I'm going and how long it will take to get there. I couldnt' imagine taking the long drive down to Florida (3 days worth of driving), but I would drive to Boston again, because it was fun. I do like flying, though. The take off and landings are so exciting!3. I can't stand it when...?
Oh lord, there is not enough space or time for me to write my gripes. I would have to say the thing that bothers me the most is when I have to deal with someone at work who does not think at the same level and speed that I do. I'm no brainiac, but I have a quick mind. People who go slow at work peeve me....4. Have you ever gone topless at the beach?
Oh lord no! These babies are for me, my husband and doctor. Keep your eyes off my twins!5. How many blog carnivals do you do a week?
I don't know what that is....if it involves clowns, I'm not there...clowns kill people :(6. My favorite thing about the weekend is...?
Coffee breakfasts and not being at work!


7. Pancakes or waffles?
Pancakes!!! Oh so light and fluffy!
8. Water Park or Amusement Park?
I'd say Amusement park. Though we don't have any super duper water parks around here that are new and fun. We have Magic Mountain but that's been around for ages!

Alright, your turn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment