Thursday, June 24, 2010

Morning workout

Since kickboxing was cut back to summer hours of Monday and Wednesday nights only, I've lost my last chance workouts on Fridays. I was worried that this would lead me to slack off this summer and drop back into my usual ways.

After some thought after last night's kickboxing class I set my alarm for 5:45 and made the trek over to 6 am kickboxing.

Maybe I thought that Monsieur was going to be nice and gentle in the morning. Maybe I thought we'd spend an hour doing yoga with chimes and soothing music in the background. Uh...yeah...right.

It was brutal.

7 am I was trudging back home looking like I had a mere 11 hours prior.

And I loved it!

Thankfully I was also working the late shift and I went home and fell asleep for another hour. Did I ever need it.

I talked to my co-workers who kickbox with me and think that we might make this a regular habit for the summer. SWEEEEET!

I really feel like I accomplished something great today!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that is great - well done to you. I get up at 5.40am each weekday and am out the house by 6.45am - no time for early work outs for me, but I applaud you :o)

    ReplyDelete