Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunny Sunday and Getting to Know You

Wow, the weather here has been amazing for the past few days. It finally feels, after a week of rain, that summer might make an appearance this year! Now if only my aunt's swimming pool was warm enough, I would be on her deck right now, ha ha. I am keeping my fingers crossed for next week, though!

1. If you could have one of Superman's, powers which one would you want? Superhuman strength..Flight..Superhuman speed..X-Ray vision..etc
Definitely flight. Can you imagine how much you could save on airfare? Though I would need his strength as well to carry the luggage. Or maybe just buy new clothes once I got there with the money I saved from the airfare.


2. The best thing I ever won is....?
To date I guess it would be the super awesome Barbeque from last year's United Way Summer Draw at work. Our old small and cheap BBQ was nearing death and we knew we'd have to splurge on a new one. I bought a lot of tickets for the draw and won! Our new BBQ is stainless steel with bells and whistles I still haven't figured out. It's also big enough to grill food for many when we have people over!

3. Have you ever skyped with a bloggy friend?
That just sounds dirty, ha ha. But, no. I've never skyped with anyone. I don't have a webcam on this laptop (which, hey, I also won at a United Way draw at work last year...hmmm). I think you need a webcam to skype something, right? Heck, I don't know how to text on my phone yet!

4. What is your favorite Summer month?
I should say June since it's my birthday month, but sometimes it's still a bit cool. To really feel summery, it's the end of July and early August. Great weather!

5. Pool, Lake, or Ocean?
I love the ocean. There is something so beautiful and calming about it, even when it rages. But so far as swimming in any of those three, give me a pool any day!

6. One of my favorite Summer memories is.....?
June 2007 when I married my best friend :) And our honeymoon in Jamaica a couple of days later. Sweet!

7. What's your favorite secret bargain?
A store called Ricki's has awesome deals for their recurring customers. The sales are always big and they like to hand out sales on top of those sales. In February I bought an $85.00 sundress for $3.00. Nice!

8. Do you plan on or have you been watching the World Cup?
No on all accounts.

Now it's your turn to answer Mannland's Questions!

Well, I'm off to soak up some of that precious Vitamin D! Hope that you get to enjoy your Sunday as well!

6 comments:

  1. New follower from GTKY!

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Sunday to you, too, Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree--the ocean is gorgeous!! but for swimming, i like the pool! no sharks there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from GTKY!

    I was married in June 2007 too! I love June now all because of that!

    I'm a new follower! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower from GTKU!

    1. I see a Jimmny Cricket in your avatar pic. That was at Animal Kingdom, right? :) I live 10 minutes from Disney.

    2. I have a tempermental cat, too. His name is Jack, but I usually call him JackAss. ;)

    http://goobergrapemonkeyman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, couldn't agree more! Ick on the animals floating by that could eat me, lol.

    Welcome, Kate! June 30 2007 for me! Best day ever! Happy Anniversary!

    Steph, I'm jealous! It was at Animal Kingdom. My first trip was there a couple of weeks ago and I'm now addicted to Disney. I can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete