Saturday, May 22, 2010

Vacation!!

So this week's weigh in blew me away. 2.2 lbs. I have no idea where it went, but I'm thinking that our two hour boot camp on Wednesday had something to do with it. It was another fund raiser for cancer and we even did a half our of yoga. It was perfect!

This brings me so close to Onderland. I have not been this weight since at least '93 and it feels amazing. I'm giddy. I'm excited. I'm scared out of my wits.

Yesterday at 5 I was officially on vacation. I don't know if I'm happier to be on vacation or happier to be away from work, but either way I'm out of my normal routine for a week. In fact I'll be out of my country as I am going to Disney for the very first time.


I'm such a Disney nut and I can't wait to go. When I think about seeing Mickey and Cinderella's castle...I can't help but cry. This is a dream come true (well that and the time I was back stage at Phantom, but that's another story). But this is also part of my biggest fear.

While driving home last night I was like, ha, I'm on vacation, let's stop off at McDonald's. I quickly quashed that since a - I had kickboxing and b - I had weigh in this morning. But that was my immediate mind set. Vacation = off plan.

My cousin who I am travelling with has already mentioned that we'll be going to the Cheesecake Factory. I've read enough Hungry Girl posts to be terrified of this heavenly place. I want to go to Olive Garden since I'm addicted to their salad (no croutons and dressing on the side, please). But what other temptations will there be?

Is Disney really enough walking to cover up all that food? I want to enjoy my vacation, but I really want to enjoy that feeling of coming home to Onderland.

Gah!

Why are vacations so stressful?

4 comments:

  1. Congratulation for your loss. I think the closeness to Onderland is a good thing for you right now since you are also officially on vacation. I heard your determination to get into the 100's and your fear of the food situation on vacation. No matter what, keep your priorities in order......Onderland or gnoshing willy nilly on vacation?

    Disneyland had some really great food choices now so you don't have to settle for burgers and fries anymore. Google Cheesecake Factory and see if they have a menu posted; if they do decide beforehand what you are going to order, THEN STICK TO IT! While you're at it Google Disney's resturants so you know before hand which ones you'll go to.

    You CAN do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just Googled Cheesecake Factory and they have a huge menu online.......even a selection of yummy Weight Management Salads! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the encouragement. I really think that I will be able to do it. I'll definitely be checking out the CCF on line. I never thought to check it out beforehand. Going to find some yummies for sure :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the weight loss - what a great way to start your holiday week!

    ReplyDelete