Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Spring Clean up

So this week is Spring Clean Up Week in the city. I enjoy this week. It's a chance to slowly clean out all the stuff that clutters up our home.

I've been married for three years this June and when I moved into my husband's home earlier that year, I knew the move came with living with the chair....

I think every man has one. A beat up old broken chair that has more sentimental value than any family member could provide. My husband has such a chair. It sits in our front porch propped up on the wall and covered in cat hair.

Now, my husband doesn't sit in it. He never enjoys the porch either. But each year when Spring Clean Up happens, I suggest we clear the chair out. And every year he says no. End of story.

This year I worked my butt off and carried out a large chair from the porch and a table. There's a couch that is way too heavy to move myself (hopefully I can get him to help me tomorrow) and another chair that I will repurpose when I turn the front porch into my summer haven.

And yet the chair remains.

Maybe next year....

2 comments:

  1. I'm lucky in that we only to Canada in 2004 and so hubby does not have 'the chair'. Yet. He has a leather recliner which I suspect will become 'the chair' in the future . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Blogger was not my friend the other day. I wanted to warn you that, yes...yes it will happen. But that's okay :D There will be a day when his back is turned and the chair will get the heave ho!

    ReplyDelete