Sunday, August 15, 2010

Return to Getting to Know You Sunday

Yesterday afternoon I headed out to my aunt's pool since the weather was hot and humid. However our nights have been reallly cold, around the 9-12 C mark. The pool tended to take the night weather to heart because the water was chilly! Needless to say I stayed in for about 20 minutes and plopped myself on a deck chair for the rest of the afternoon.

I am also kitty sitting for my cousin while he's away and I spent some more luxurious time out on his deck while the cats played in the grass.

I'm an idiot.

My stomach has been less than friendly over the past couple of days and paired that with the hot weather, I was a sick girl. I woke up last night at midnight in a shivering sweat, trying to get as many quilts on me as possible. Then I woke up in a hot sweat an hour later. Thankfully the hubby finally came home from work and nursed me with toast and ginger ale.

Sussex Golden Ginger Ale cures everything. Just saying.

This morning I'm queesy and reminding myself that heat exhaustion from this weather leads to bad things. Dehydration is something I have to take more seriously. Today I'll be replenishing myself with water and good stuff only.

Speaking of today, it's Sunday! In our house, Patriots football rules the screen during the NFL season. Before meting my husband, the only thing I knew about football was that Tom Brady was pretty, I had awesome Super Bowl parties where the guys sat at the tv and the girls hovered around the food spread, and that Janet Jackson decorates her breasts in an interesting way. Now that I'm married to a football fan, I've become a bit of one myself, calling out bad rulings on the field, being a Monday Quarterback, but still unable to say Tight End without giggling.

Football season is about to begin as we're in pre-season now. But here, Sundays means heading over to Mannland for some Getting to Know You questions. Wow...I haven't done one of these in almost a month. I missed it, too. Such fun questions.

1. What kind of athlete has the hottest body?

Hee hee....tight end...2. Are you a planner or a procrastinator?
I start out really well with planning things, but I do tend to procrastinate. I should be painting the walls right now in our livingroom. Instead I'm on the couch with you guys.....
3. Diet or regular (soda)?
Diet. Coke Zero for me, please. I know that it's something that I should try to cut out all together, but I'm hooked. They also get me with their polar bear commercials. 4. What's your one "must have" for Fall?
This year, it's plaid and purple. Best if you can find the two together. I bought a long sleeved t-shirt in purple at Joe Fresh this past week, and yesterday I picked up a green/blue plaid ruffle shirt. Now I just need the super cute skirts at Retiman's to pull it all together! Oh...and boots...definitely boots. Oh I love Fall!
 5. What's your favorite fast food restaurant?
Is Subway considered fast food? If so, that's it. Their breakfasts and regular subs are to die for!!!6. What do you think is the sexiest profession for a guy?
Honestly, a man who takes pride in his work, whatever that may be, is sexy. Now, I do find firefighters hot as all heck, but that's happy fantasy land.7. Did you wear braces?
No :( I wish I had, though. Everyone in my family has horrible teeth, not just crooked or out of place, but our bodies haven't provided enough of the good stuff a healthy tooth needs beyond brushing and flossing and dentist check ups. But it could be worse, I guess.
8. Would you rather have a guy that's super sexy or kind?
I have the best of both worlds with my husband who is both :D
 
Now it's your turn! Procrastinate yourself and head on over to add your answers!
 
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! Found you through GTKY. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete