Friday, August 13, 2010

It's me, not you....

Oh Blogger...I have been avoiding you. It's really not you it's me. I went off the rails and was afraid to own up to it.

Heck, I barely even read up on other blogs so that I wouldn't feel guilty for not posting. I have so much to catch up on!

Last week I had 4 days to train people who were not interested in taking my work portfolio on. I know that it's not the best work, but I kept it relatively in order and all pretty like. They could have at least tried to feign interest in learning what they were taking on. At the same time, I was trying to get my desk ready to take on my new role coming this Monday. I'm anxious to give it a start and dig myself into something new!

This week was vacation week. And I let myself down big time. No tracking. No exercising. Just blehness. And it's showing on the scale.

I've been doing things, though, so I don't want it to seem as though I've plopped myself on the couch and no moving. I'm in the middle of redecorating our livingroom and moving it from one room in the house to another. Taking down our current games room, picking out colors and getting a start on painting. My butt and arms are feeling that, ha ha.

And on a down note, my Great Uncle Freddy passed away yesterday after a lengthy battle with lung and bowel cancer. He had a great life and lived through so much. A man who can survive contracting malaria in Africa while fighting in a war definitely gets a hats off. The end took its toll on Freddy and I didn't go to say a final goodbye. I want to remember Freddy as being the funny, laughing man who was usually smiling when not talking.

Can I just say here that this is enough? Things happen in threes and I believe that I've had my fill for the year of people passing away from cancer. It's just not fair :(

There's more drama in the family life, too and I didn't fight enough for myself this week to make my health a priority. With the routine starting again on Monday, I'm going to make sure that I do it right and well.

Thanks for stopping by. And I'm whipping myself back into shape. Lord help me tomorrow morning on the scale!

2 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry to hear about Freddy. It seems you're getting a rough deal lately and I hope things brighten up for you.

    On a weight related note... keep blogging! :) Never miss a weigh in and always be up front about your mishaps. Yes, you may feel guilty and maybe even a little embarrassed, but that is a good thing.

    Use those horrible feelings to push you forward and help you avoid situations that make you feel that way in the future. Dodging them and making them "ok", is settling for less than you want to be.

    Full steam ahead on Monday. Go for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Mark. The guilt must have pushed me quite a bit overnight, lol. I'm definitely going to strive to kick myself into gear more and not hide from facing up to my "wrong doings". No need to feel guilty, just know that I can and will do better :) Here's to an awesome week to all of us!

    ReplyDelete