Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Great Closet Caper

I have been putting this off for a while now. The closet. This morning it was a bulging mess of fabric that was just not me anymore. Mostly because the items in that closet ranged from items that I currently wore (about 20%) and things that were so oversized (yay!) that I was holding onto them for the wrong reasons. Sentimentality is not a reason to wear the clothes. And keeping a hold on to clothes that are two or three sizes more than what I am now.

So I purged my closet, less the items that were in the wash and/or drying. And here is that glorious mess:



Whew, that pile was nearly as tall as I am! After two hours of trying on tossing, I narrowed everything down to what fits now (though a couple of items won't last much longer, but a body has to be covered!) and ended up with this lovely pile:



One bag will go to good will, another to my mom to sort through and the rest will be sold online or at consignment. I feel so good about finally getting this done and more importantly making room for all new stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment